Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- SALE ITEMS
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business
What effect does media have on your family?
|Audience||Parents, teachers, and students high school and up|
|Publication Date||Updated in 2005|
In this eloquent and persuasive book, Neil Postman insightfully reveals the effects of television and media, which are training our habits, desires, and thoughts, and ultimately making us “decontextualized” robots. After alerting us to the dangerous effects of television, Postman offers suggestions for withstanding the media onslaught. Before we hand over politics, education, religion, and journalism to show business, we must recognize the ways in which the media shapes our lives and the ways we can, in turn, shape it to serve our highest goals.