Shop by Category
- Shipping Policies PLEASE READ
- Tax Free Holidays
- CC MERCHANDISE
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- SALE ITEMS
Classical Music for Dummies, second edition
A wonderful introduction to classical music
|Audience||Anyone who wants to better appreciate and understand Classical music; used in Classical Conversations communities in Foundations and Challenge II|
|Accessibility||High; students can learn independently|
|Ease of use||Very clear explanations and structure|
|Author||David Pogue and Scott Speck|
|Publication Date||2015 (second edition)|
Classical Music for Dummies is a down-to-earth guide that will help you get the most out of classical music right from the start. Excellent either for getting you started from scratch or deepening your appreciation, this in-depth guide will make going to concerts, listening to recordings, or even just talking about classical music infinitely more enjoyable. In this course you will learn how to identify the instruments in an orchestra by ear, distinguish between different styles and genres, identify various composers and their influence, and more.
Please note: The second edition does not come with a CD, but has instructions for listening to musical tracks online.