Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- MERCHANDISE -NEW FOR 2017!!
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Current Sale Items
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
CC Discovering Atomos
We'd like to introduce you to... chemistry.
|Audience||Grades 6–8; used in Classical Conversations communities in Challenge B|
|Accessibility||Little guidance required; independent students will be able to read the lessons and work on their own|
|Ease of use||Includes space to work in the workbook|
|Publication Date||Updated in 2012|
Discovering Atomos: A Grammatical Introduction to Atomic Processes in Chemistry provides a basic introduction to chemical processes at the atomic level. The booklet is divided into six simple lessons that introduce various topics followed by examples and exercises to support the new concepts. Students can write directly in the manual, making it easy for them to look back at helpful charts and figures, compare their work to the examples given, and reference the information that they have learned. The lessons in the text are meant to create a foundation for further studies in chemistry. If students can memorize the periodic table and learn how to combine elements in middle school, higher-level chemistry will be less intimidating and even exciting when they reach it.