Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- MERCHANDISE -NEW FOR 2017!!
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Current Sale Items
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
- Closeout Items
The Fallacy Detective
Hone your skills to discern rightly
|Audience||Grades 4–12; used in Classical Conversations communities in Challenge A|
|Accessibility||Most students can work independently; contains clear explanations of each lesson and a full answer key|
|Ease of use||Contains plenty of space to write answers, large font size, and illustrations to further explain lessons|
|Author||Nathaniel and Hans Bluedorn|
|Publication Date||2002, updated in 2009|
Don’t let politicians, rhetoricians, or bad logicians fool and manipulate you or your children/students. This book includes 38 lessons on common logical fallacies and propaganda techniques, presenting them in the context in which they are often found: arguments at home, political debates, marketing, and more. It is self-teaching, meaning no other resources are needed; it is intended for children and parents to use together. Using short chapters, clear examples, a touch of humor, and interesting exercises, The Fallacy Detective helps even reluctant scholars to enjoy learning how to identify fallacies. Presented from a decidedly Christian perspective, with examples that concern conservative families, like abortion and politics. The practice and terminology will lay a great foundation for all other logic study.