Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- MERCHANDISE -NEW FOR 2017!!
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Current Sale Items
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
- Closeout Items
The Gift of Music
Understanding classical music through the lives of its composers
|Audience||Anyone interested in the classical tradition of music; used in Classical Conversations communities in Challenge II|
|Accessibility||Students can read independently; reads more like a collection of short stories than a textbook|
|Ease of use||Average font size, small margins|
|Author||Betty Carlson and Jane Stuart Smith|
|Publication Date||1995 (third edition)|
Considering the lives and beliefs of classical composers, this book allows the reader to listen to music with new ears, understanding the profound effect that composers’ beliefs have on their music. Readers will not only better understand the music that shaped our Western heritage, they will better understand today’s popular music. Includes 36 biographies from the Baroque period up to the modern era.