Shop by Category
- Shipping Policies PLEASE READ
- Tax Free Holidays
- CC MERCHANDISE
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- SALE ITEMS
Henle First Year Latin Text
First-year text to launch you on your Latin journey
|Audience||First-year Latin students (grade 7+); used in Classical Conversations communities in Challenge A, B, and I|
|Accessibility||Challenging; the majority of students will require help|
|Ease of use||Fairly tight spacing; students will need to complete work and take notes separately|
|Author||Robert Henle, S.J.|
Originally published in 1945, the Henle Latin series teaches Latin traditionally, rigorously, and in an orderly, systematic manner. This text contains all of the exercises and readings for the course. In the first year, a limited vocabulary of 500 words allows students to master grammar without being overwhelmed with a large vocabulary. Many repetitious Latin phrases and copious exercises produce mastery rather than frustration, while exercises and readings teach Roman and Christian history and compare the pagan and Christian worldviews. In addition, Henle provides valuable insight into the history of the Church, providing an excellent opportunity for Christians to trace their heritage back to its ancient origins.
Henle teaches grammar and syntax in a separate 250-page Grammar Manual, which is used as a handy reference throughout the program.