Shop by Category
- CC MERCHANDISE
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Shipping & Return Policies/Weather Updates
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holidays
- SALE ITEMS
Henle Fourth Year Latin (Text)
The history of Rome in Latin translation
|Audience||Grades 9–12; used in Classical Conversations communities in Challenge IV|
|Accessibility||Challenging; most students will require help|
|Ease of use||Fairly small size, so students will need to complete work and take notes separately|
Henle IV builds on the translation skills developed through two previous years of translating Cicero and Caesar and culminates in the study of Virgil—traditionally the climax of every Latin student’s studies. In addition to understanding Latin syntax, idioms, forms, and vocabulary, students are expected to synthesize all the ideas from the earlier texts and consider Christian humanism as seen in the ancients and the ancient Church.
Henle teaches grammar and syntax in a separate 250-page Grammar manual, which is used as a handy reference throughout the program.