Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- MERCHANDISE -NEW FOR 2017!!
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Current Sale Items
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
- Closeout Items
Henle Second Year Latin (Text)
Take the next step, Latin scholar
|Audience||Grades 9¬–12; used in Classical Conversations communities in Challenge II|
|Accessibility||Challenging; most students will require help|
|Ease of use||Fairly small size, so students will need to complete work and take notes separately|
Originally published in 1945, the Henle Latin series teaches Latin traditionally, rigorously, and in an orderly, systematic manner. This text contains all of the exercises and readings for the course. In the second year, students being to translate original passages from Caesar’s Gallic Wars. For students in need of review, the first 16 lessons practice lessons from Book 1; students with a mastery of Book 1 can skip these and begin translating the passages. Many repetitious Latin phrases, copious exercises, and long translations produce mastery rather than frustration, while exercises and readings teach Roman and Christian history and compare the pagan and Christian worldviews. In addition, Henle provides valuable insight into the history of the Church, providing an excellent opportunity for Christians to trace their heritage back to its ancient origins.
Henle teaches grammar and syntax in a separate 250-page Grammar manual, which is used as a handy reference throughout the program.