Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- MERCHANDISE -NEW FOR 2017!!
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Current Sale Items
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
- Closeout Items
Heroes of the City of Man: A Christian Guide to Select Ancient Literature
Your guide to ancient literature
|Audience||High school through adult; used in Classical Conversations communities in Challenge IV|
|Accessibility||High; most students can read independently|
|Preparation||Best read in conjunction with the ancient classics that it covers|
|Ease of use||Large font, chapters subdivided for better comprehension|
|Author||Peter J. Leithart|
Leithart introduces Heroes of the City of Man: A Christian Guide to Select Ancient Literature by presenting the case for why Christians should read classical literature. He then evaluates several popular works including The Iliad, The Odyssey, and The Aeneid and plays by Sophocles, Aeschylus, Euripides, and more. Leithart provides an explanation of important literary elements in each, insightful character studies, and a comparison of the pagan worldview and Christian worldview. It is, in its least benefit, a helpful summary of classic works. At its greatest, it is a detailed course in the Greco-Roman worldview.