Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- MERCHANDISE -NEW FOR 2017!!
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Current Sale Items
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
- Closeout Items
Teaching the Classics - Workbook/DVD Set
Not Available until Spring 2017 - Under revision by iEW
In Teaching the Classics, Adam Andrews does for teaching literature what Andrew Pudewa did for teaching writing. This two-day seminar on DVD will prepare you to explore literature intelligently with your children.By using short stories as models, Adam systematically prepares you to study character, plot, theme, and other literary tools used by authors to communicate their message. You can quickly equip your children with literary study tools that can then be used easily on longer works. Skills gained through this program will allow you then to study any piece of literature. No more need for study guides!Adam Andrews is a dynamic, excited teacher who easily transfers that excitement about literature to you and your students. If you have read DeMille’s A Thomas Jefferson Education but feel ill-equipped to study the classics with your children, then this seminar is your ticket to a leadership style education.Do you need the DVDs? Yes! Although the workbook is quite readable, it is the seminar on DVD that shows you how to apply the elements described in the text to literature. Your students can join you in watching the seminar, and then you can continue to practice, first on short stories before applying it all to full-length novels.Includes a video seminar on 4 DVDs and spiral bound syllabus. Suitable for teaching all levels (elementary through high school). Although this is meant to be teacher training, students will enjoy viewing it too.