Shop by Category
- Shipping Policies PLEASE READ
- Tax Free Holidays
- CC MERCHANDISE
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- SALE ITEMS
An Introduction to Policy Debate
A standard introduction to competitive debate
|Audience||Ages 14¬–adult; used in Classical Conversations communities in Challenge I|
|Accessibility||Moderate; some students will require guidance and there is no answer key to end-of-chapter questions|
|Ease of use||Clear, well organized, and concise, space for notes and charts|
|Author||Christy L. Shipe|
|Publication Date||2012 (fifth edition)|
This accessible textbook opens the door to the exciting world of debate. Written for beginning debaters, it first answers the question, "What is formal debate?" then unfolds each subsequent step, including researching the resolution, constructing the affirmative case, preparing the negative strategies, using evidence, and practicing speech and delivery. Going beyond the basic skills of debate, Christy Shipe teaches students how to debate in the pursuit of truth rather than to defeat an opponent, how to win and lose graciously, and what the Bible has to say about debating. From the very practical to the very ideological, this text guides the reader through the arena of debate within a Christian worldview, revealing how anyone can debate for the glory of God.