Shop by Category
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Shipping & Return Policies
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- CC FAQ
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- CC Merchandise
- CC Testing Services and Transcripts
- Parent Practicum Conferences (1 & 3 Day) & Curriculum Resources
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
Saxon Algebra 1 Homeschool Kit - 3rd Edition
Algebra 1 is made up of five instructional components: Introduction of the New Increment, Examples with Complete Solutions, Practice of the Increment, Daily Problem Sets, and Cumulative Tests. Algebra 1 covers topics typically treated in a first-year algebra course.What is included in the Saxon Algebra 1 Homeschool Kit?
Textbook: approximately 120 lessons, including practice questions and problem sets (sometimes referred to as assignment questions) Homeschool Packet: answers to the tests, lesson practice questions, and problem sets Test Forms (inserted inside the homeschool packet booklet)Please note: the Solutions Manual is sold separately; it is not part of the Homeschool Kit. Although the Homeschool Packet contains all of the answers, the Solutions Manual contains the answers as well as solution details for each problem.Algebra 1 includes such topics as: arithmetic and evaluation of expressions involving signed numbers, exponents, and roots properties of real numbers absolute value equations and inequalities involving absolute value scientific notation, unit conversions solution of equations in one unknown solution of simultaneous equations the algebra of polynomials and rational expressions word problems requiring algebra for the solution (such as uniform motion and coin problems) graphical solution of simultaneous equations graphs of a variety of functions: linear, quadratic, cubic, square root, absolute value, etc. translations and reflections of graphs factoring Pythagorean theorem algebraic proofs functional notation and functions solution of quadratic equations by factoring, completing the square, and quadratic formula direct and inverse variation exponential growth computation of the perimeter and area of two-dimensional regions computation of the surface area and volume of a wide variety of geometric solids statistics probability