Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- MERCHANDISE -NEW FOR 2017!!
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Current Sale Items
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
- Closeout Items
Saxon Algebra 2 Homeschool Kit, 3rd Edition
A convenient package for the Algebra 2 student
|Audience||Grades 9–12; used in Classical Conversations communities in Challenge II|
|Accessibility||Challenging; most students will require help|
|Ease of use||Includes answers to exercises, index, and glossary|
|Author||John H. Saxon|
|Page Count||Student text: 558; Answer Key: 44|
|Publication Date||2006 (third edition)|
Saxon Algebra 2 not only treats topics that are traditionally covered in second-year algebra, it also covers geometry, making this an integrated mathematics course. Specific algebra topics covered include graphical solutions to simultaneous equations, scientific notation, radicals, roots of quadratic equations including complex roots, properties of the real numbers, inequalities and systems of inequalities, logarithms and antilogarithms, exponential equations, basic trigonometric functions, algebra of polynomials, vectors, polar and rectangular coordinate systems, and a wide spectrum of word problems requiring algebra to solve. Considerable time is spent developing geometric concepts and writing proof outlines.
This kit includes:
Please note: The Solutions Manual is sold separately from the Homeschool Kit. Although the Homeschool Packet contains all of the answers, the Solutions Manual contains the answers as well as solution details for each problem.
Students completing Algebra 2 will have studied the equivalent of one semester of informal geometry. Applications to other subjects such as physics and chemistry as well as "real-world" problems are covered including gas law, force vector, chemical mixture, percent markups, etc. Set theory, probability and statistics, and other topics are also treated.