Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- MERCHANDISE -NEW FOR 2017!!
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Current Sale Items
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
Miniatures and Morals
Are you a fan of Jane Austen? This is a must-have for you!
|Audience||Ages 14–adult and any fan of Jane Austen or anyone wondering why so many people love her books|
|Accessibility||Very readable; best understood after reading the original works of Jane Austen|
|Author||Peter J. Leithart|
Once again, Peter Leithart applies his intellect and expertise to great works of literature, revealing new depths in our favorite books. Speaking from a theological and literary background, Leithart analyzes character and theme while summarizing each of Austen's major works: Pride & Prejudice, Northanger Abbey, Sense & Sensibility, Mansfield Park, Emma, and Persuasion. Not only are Austen's novels still widely read, they continue to influence modern film and literature. In both their moral content and their focused, highly-detailed "miniaturist" execution, they reveal Austen's mastery of the art of fiction and her concern for Christian virtues exercised within communities. She entertains, edifies, and challenges men and women alike. Leithart includes helpful review and thought questions for each section in addition to his own analysis, making this an excellent introduction to Austen for all who desire a richer appreciation of her enduring genius.