Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- MERCHANDISE -NEW FOR 2017!!
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Current Sale Items
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
- Closeout Items
Saxon Advanced Math Homeschool Kit, 2nd Edition
Algebra, geometry, trigonometry, discrete mathematics and mathematical analysis all in one kit
|Audience||Grades 11–12; used in Classical Conversations communities in Challenge III and Challenge IV|
|Accessibility||Challenging; most students will require guidance|
|Author||John H. Saxon|
|Page Count||Textbook: 748 (120 lessons); Homeschool Packet: 159; Test Forms: 280|
|Format||Hardcover textbook; Paperback Homeschool Packet and Test Forms|
|Publication Date||2006 (second edition)|
Advanced Mathematics is made up of five instructional components: Introduction of the New Increment, Examples with Complete Solutions, Practice of the Increment, Daily Problem Sets, and Cumulative Tests. In Advanced Mathematics, topics from algebra, geometry, trigonometry, discrete mathematics, and mathematical analysis are interwoven to form a fully integrated text. A rigorous treatment of Euclidean geometry is also presented. Word problems are developed throughout the problem sets and become progressively more elaborate. With this practice, students will be able to solve challenging problems such as rate problems and work problems involving abstract quantities. The graphing calculator is used to graph functions and perform data analysis. Conceptually oriented problems that prepare students for college entrance exams (such as the ACT and SAT) are included in the problem sets.
Advanced Mathematics includes such topics as:
Please note: Solutions Manual is sold separately; it is not part of the homeschool kit. Although the homeschool packet contains all of the answers, the solutions manual contains the answers as well as solution details for each problem.