Shop by Category
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Closeout Items
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Request Catalog
- View Online Catalog
- CC FAQ
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Classical Conversations
- CC Merchandise
- CC Testing Services and Transcripts
- Parent Practicum Conferences (1 & 3 Day) & Curriculum Resources
- Shipping & Return Policies
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
Saxon Algebra 1/2 Homeschool Kit - 3rd Edition
What is included in the Saxon Algebra 1/2 Homeschool Kit?
Textbook: approximately 120 lessons, including practice questions and problem sets (sometimes referred to as assignment questions) Homeschool Packet: answers to the tests, lesson practice questions, and problem sets Test Forms (inserted inside the homeschool packet booklet)Please note: the Solutions Manual is sold separately; it is not part of the Homeschool Kit. Although the Homeschool Packet contains all of the answers, the Solutions Manual contains the answers as well as solution details for each problem.Algebra 1/2 is made up of five instructional components: Introduction of the New Increment, Examples with Complete Solutions, Practice of the Increment, Daily Problem Set, and Cumulative Tests. Algebra 1/2 covers all topics normally taught in pre-algebra, as well as additional topics from geometry and discrete mathematics. It is recommended for seventh-graders who plan to take first-year algebra in the eighth grade, or for eighth-graders who plan to take first-year algebra in the ninth grade. Algebra 1/2 represents the culmination of the study of pre-algebra mathematics.In Algebra 1/2, students will learn: fractions and their arithmetic operations decimals and their arithmetic operations mixed numbers and their arithmetic operations signed numbers and their arithmetic operations translating from words to algebraic expressions order of operations percents, proportions, ratios divisibility rounding place value unit conversions scientific notation data representation evaluation of algebraic expressions the simplification of algebraic expressions the solution of linear equations in one unknown word problems involving pre-algebraic concepts perimeter, area, surface area, volume classification of geometric figures and solids geometric constructions symmetry