Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- MERCHANDISE -NEW FOR 2017!!
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Current Sale Items
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
- Closeout Items
Saxon Calculus Homeschool Kit, 2nd Edition
Welcome to the fascinating world of calculus!
|Audience||Grades 11–12; used in Classical Conversations communities in Challenge IV|
|Accessibility||Challenging; most students will require guidance|
|Ease of use||Designed for the homeschooler, explains lessons well and builds on concepts intuitively|
|Page Count||Textbook: 758, Homeschool Kit (answer booklet): 130, Test Book: 37|
|Format||Hardcover Textbook, Paperback Homeschool Kit, and Test Book|
Saxon Calculus is made up of four instructional components: Introduction of the New Increment, Examples with Complete Solutions, Daily Problem Sets, and Cumulative Tests. Calculus treats all the topics normally covered in an Advanced Placement AB-level calculus program as well as many from a BC-level program. The text begins with a review of the mathematical concepts and skills required for calculus. In the early problem sets, students practice setting up word problems they will later encounter as calculus problems. The problem sets contain multiple-choice and conceptually-oriented problems similar to those found on the Advanced Placement examination. Whenever possible, an intuitive introduction precedes the rigorous examination of a concept. Proofs are provided for all important theorems. For example, three proofs, one intuitive and two rigorous, are given for the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. Numerous applications to physics, chemistry, engineering, and business are also treated in the lessons and problem sets. Use of this text has allowed students to take the Advanced Placement examination and score well. The Calculus Homeschool Kit includes a textbook, an answer key for homework, and tests with answers. Solutions Manual not included.