Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- MERCHANDISE -NEW FOR 2017!!
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Current Sale Items
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
- Closeout Items
Saxon Physics Homeschool Kit
An introduction to the world of physics
|Audience||Grades 11–12; used in Classical Conversations communities in Challenge IV|
|Accessibility||Challenging; most students will require guidance|
|Ease of use||Designed for the homeschooler; explains lessons well and builds on concepts intuitively|
|Author||John H. Saxon|
|Page Count||Textbook: 816; Test Book: 88|
|Format||Hardcover Textbook; Paperback Homeschool Packet and Test Book|
Saxon Physics was written with both average and gifted students in mind. The subject is taught at an introductory level, allowing the average high school student to grasp the concepts of Newton's laws, statics, dynamics, thermodynamics, optics, DC circuits, waves, electromagnetics, and special relativity. The topics are covered to a depth appropriate for college students majoring in non-engineering disciplines. Consequently, gifted students who use this book will have great success with the Advanced Placement Physics examination, and average students who are willing to do the homework will also be able to pass the examination. This book does not require that the teacher have a background in physics. Anyone who has taught second-year algebra, especially using Saxon's Algebra 2, can teach this book successfully. Saxon's Advanced Placement programs have been carefully planned and packaged. All you need to successfully teach each program is included in the homeschool kit.
Note: The physics homeschool kit includes a textbook, an answer key for homework (homeschool packet), and tests with answers. Does not include Solutions Manual.