Shop by Category
- SHIPPING and RETURN POLICIES
- MERCHANDISE -NEW FOR 2017!!
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Current Sale Items
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
NEW PRODUCTS AVAILABLE
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- Tax Free Holiday Information
- Closeout Items
Tales From Shakespeare
An anthology of Shakespeare
|Audience||All ages; helpful for Classical Conversations Challenge I students and used in Challenge III communities|
|Accessibility||Students can read independently|
|Preparation||None—can be used to prepare for teaching original Shakespeare plays|
|Ease of use||Large font size, average margin size|
|Author||Charles and Mary Lamb|
|Publication Date||First published in 1807, republished in 2007|
This highly praised collection of stories has been used for more than 200 years to introduce the Shakespeare novice to the Bard’s greatest works. Rather than overwhelming your students by jumping straight into complex Shakespearean language, begin with these easier-to-read prose adaptations. Once your student has had a chance to enjoy the humor, craftsmanship, and creativity of these masterful stories, you can transition to Shakespeare’s original works. This book contains 20 popular tales from Shakespeare, retold in an approachable style that critics deem “an excellent introduction to the plays and to the world of Shakespeare.”