Shop by Category
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Shipping & Return Policies
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- CC FAQ
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Classical Conversations
- CC Merchandise
- CC Testing Services and Transcripts
- Parent Practicum Conferences (1 & 3 Day) & Curriculum Resources
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
Words Aptly Spoken: Children's Literature
NEW! First, we begin with great literature: titles like Carry on, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Latham, The Magician's Nephew by C. S. Lewis, The Secret Garden by Frances Burnett, The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom, and others, many of them Newbery-Award winners, all of them carefully selected to capture the interest of Challenge A and B students. Next, we provide Review Questions, so that parents and students can talk about characters, plot, setting, theme, and focus for greater clarity and improved comprehension. Thought Questions develop analytical examination of the book in relation to other works of literature, moral standards, or just personal circumstance. We introduce students to tools of literary analysis, such as character charts, chronologies, maps, and chapter summaries. Finally, as a bonus, we include a short biography of each author represented, to provide a historical and personal context behind the story. In short, this companion study guide provides a tool for your home school to not only enjoy classic literature, but to examine the craft of great writing so that your student can begin to craft his or her own masterpiece.WAS Revision FAQsWAS Childrens Literature Sample Pages