Shop by Category
- Tax Free Holidays
- CC MERCHANDISE
- Parent Practicum Conferences & Curriculum Resources
- View Online Catalog - Now with live links!
- Shipping & Return Policies/Weather Updates
- Classical Educators Homeschool Curriculum Books
- National Number Knockout
- SCRIBBLERS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 3rd Grade)
- FOUNDATIONS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (K4 to 6th Grade)
- ESSENTIALS Homeschool Curriculum Resources (4th-6th grades)
- CHALLENGE Homeschool Curriculum Resources (7th to 12th Grade)
- High School Curriculum Resources, College Prep and More
- Homeschool Testing Services
- Homeschool Curriculum by Subject & Misc.
- Free e-Book with our monthly Newsletter!
- Contact Us
- Director and Tutor Only Purchases
- Classical School Services
- SALE ITEMS
The Writing Road to Reading
Advocating a total language arts approach, this new edition of the classic The Writing Road to Reading has been updated to reflect the latest research and understanding of how the human brain learns to read. Each chapter begins with an overview, visual layout of major sections, subsections, key points and more, as well as new features such as instructional procedures with sample dialogues. Updated lists of children's literature, seventy phonograms, language rules and a new section on syllable division, recommended language arts scope & sequence, framework for planning integrated lessons and more are all included. 471 indexed pages, softcover.The new 6th Revised Edition includes:*Updated research on all the instructional components (including handwriting) and principles of learning and instruction that make The Spalding Method effective*Chapter 2 instructional strategies in outline, rather than narrative, format*Precise dialogue for cursive writing*Sample dialogues for teaching 5 mental actions*Updated Children’s Literature Recommendations*A section on morphology (word structure) in Part 2